- MVP development of a cutting-edge enterprise-level machine learning service.
- Coordination of many teams and technologies across Best Buy's large Digital department.
- Business analysis, project management, and ownership of Agile processes.
- Product owner, business analyst, and pre-sales for enterprises and start-ups across multiple verticals.
- $500K+ in accounts closed during Q1 and Q2 of 2018.
- $20K+ per year saved through internal Salesforce and Hubspot development.
- Developed company-wide tool to estimate software development costs.
- Contributed several blog posts to company website on technical business strategy.
- Lead multiple internal workshops to educate coworkers on APIs, blockchain, back-end vs front-end, and more.
In medicine & genetics:
- Analyzed raw data to create an algorithm by which DNA samples can be converted into recommendations for medical treatment.
- Gathered and wrote technical requirements for a web platform to house the algorithm, and saw project to completion.
- Served as primary point-of-contact and manager for client stakeholders. Attended and led daily Agile stand-ups and bi-weekly sprint reviews.
In sports management:
- Gathered and wrote technical requirements for a sports viewing web platform as it transitioned from an external development team, where it had been poorly-designed and poorly-implemented, to MentorMate's development team.
- Negotiated the technical details of scope and budget with the client and ultimately closed the $100K+ deal.
In advertising and entertainment:
- Took over as primary point-of-contact and stakeholder manager for an existing local enterprise account. Attended daily stand-ups and bi-weekly planning sessions with the client.
- Gathered requirements from the client on an ongoing basis, and organized them in Jira in sprints in collaboration with the development team according to Agile methodology.
- Increased the efficiency and transparency of the business analysis process. Identified that having both my role and a project manager on the team was redundant, and saved the client significant expenditure by phasing out my role.
- Identified the Salesforce instance used internally by the company could be supplanted by the free Hubspot CRM, saving $20K+ per year. Conducted the migration of data between systems and sunsetting of the Salesforce platform.
- Created a robust tool for calculating software development costs, factoring in staffing needs and scope risks, and outputting a client-ready development proposal. The tool is now used company-wide.
- 90% success rate in coaching 100s of adults to become fully-qualified web developers.
- Among highest-rated instructors across 5 cohorts.
- Built a robust web app to capture and visualize data related to student attendance and assignments.
- Collaborated with other instructors to define requirements for and develop a Ruby on Rails-based platform for gathering and visualizing data regarding student attendance and assignments. Provided the inspiration for software rolled out company-wide.
- Conducted ideation and requirements-gathering sessions for many student projects, several of which became publicly-used web apps.
- Technical lead for corporations accepting Bitcoin, including Expedia and Dish Network.
- Gathered requirements for new integrations and served as primary manager of external stakeholders in implementing the new integrations.
- Wrote extensive API documentation for PHP developers.
- Featured in TechCrunch, ThinkGeek, Huffington Post, and Entrepreneur.
- Sourced domestic and overseas manufacturers and supply chain providers.
- Built a web platform through which customers could customize their orders and secure bulk discounts, integrated with the PayPal API.
- $130K in revenue generated before selling entirety of business to new owners.
- Left degree unfinished in order to pursue entrepreneurship.